Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday 10-7-09 Sanoviv

It is amazing what rest will do for a person. 


Shelly had a light day yesterday and a good nights sleep.  She is not full on with her energy yet but that is to be expected following surgery.  Her schedule is somewhat light again today since the Dr. is waiting for her pathology reports.  We learned yesterday that the reports are realistically expected on Thursday due to the weekend submission of the tissue. 

To follow her day today...

8:00am  Breakfast of eggs with salsa, broccoli, cauliflower, and zuchinni
8:30am  Shower and dressing change
9:00am  Nutritionist consult
10:00am Reflexology
10:55am Nutritional Snack - (we miss this snack many times due to tight schedule)
11:30am  IV
11:55am  Green Juice/Wheat Grass
1:00pm  Food Preparation Class/Lunch (I think this means we get to watch and learn as they make our lunch)
2:00pm  IV
4:00pm  Acuscope
4:55pm  Green Juice/Wheat Grass (This stuff is supposed to be really good for you- but the wheat grass is pretty vile tasting)
6:00pm  Dinner
7:55pm  Rice Protein Shake


Shelly manages to squeeze in some Skype time with her kids every few days.  We had a chance to catch up with them last night...it makes her homesick.   Be praying for their family as there will be many changes and adjustments when Shelly gets home in a few weeks.  She will still be healing and continuing with the healthy eating which will affect everyone around her.

Our devotional this morning read "In order to hear My voice, you must release all your worries into My care. Entrust to Me everything that concerns you...Let me free you from fear that is hiding deep inside of you.  Sit quietly in my Presence, allowing my Light to soak into you and drive out any darkness lodged within you."

1 Peter 5:6-7  (Amplified Version) "humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you. Casting the [a]whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully."


1 Thessalonians 5:18 "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"

There may not be an afternoon update if there is no news.  Enjoy your day!  Release your worries.

3 comments:

  1. My dear Shelly, Miss you so much and sending all my love to you. I am thrilled to hear how well you are doing after your surgery. Sorry I haven't gotten over to do anything with your kids but I just am getting over a bout of intestinal flu plus trying to get over my surgery . But I will get over there. Just listened to a wonderful message by Jon Courson about our Lord, the meek and lowly one. Remember this old hymn: "Jesus, Jesus how I trust you, how I've proved you or and or. Jesus , Jesus precious Jesus, oh for grace to trust you more." Our prize and reward for our Christain walk is Jesus Christ. To know Him is our goal. May God continue to be with you both. Love Auntie Mart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shelly, i sent an earlier post , but I don't think it went thru because I haven't seen it show up. Anyway ,I'm so glad you're doing so well after surgery. I miss not having you here but you are in such great place. I am still recovering and have had the flu and some other things so haven't gotten over to see or do anything for your kids. But I will. Love to you and Kathie. Auntie Mart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelly, hugs, it is great to hear of your progress. you and your family are being kept in prayer as you all go through this, In my devotion time it is about the times of war. how true it is that we are constantly in need of His provisions as we stand and fight this war. I love the photos it helps me feel closer, when I cannot be there in person. blessings of the Lord be with you,,, big hugs and love, Nina

    ReplyDelete

If you have a message or reponse for Shelly, please leave it here.