Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Week - New Schedule


Sunday is a day of rest.  While I was setting up the blog this morning Shelly took a food preparation class...which we then got to enjoy at lunch. 

This afternoon we hung out by the pool and did the Thalasso therapy which improves or kick starts your lymphatic system.  15 minutes in an 108 degree pool, quick dip in a cold pool, 3 rounds of walking on flat rocks in knee deep water, and wrapping up with 15 minutes in 95 degree pool.  We laughed a lot. 

Tomorrow's schedule is a little more hectic.  For those of you who are praying, Shelly has a couple of activities you can be keeping in mind. 
  • IV Treatments at 9am and 2pm.  
  • Meet with the surgeon is at 11:30am.  
  • Hyperthermia at 5pm.  
  • For fun she has a facial at 10am and a pedicure at noon.  This is in addtion to the meals and nutrition breaks. 
We saw another guest have a hyperthermia treatment yesterday.  It doesn't look pleasant.  Shelly will be bundled into a thermal blanket with a hot lamp over her to bring about a fever of 104 degrees for about 30 minutes.   This boosts the immune system.

Pray for the surgeon when you lift up Shelly during the day.  We believe God has his hand on this as in all things.

Psalm 27: 13[What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living! 

Fun things to note: 
  • We wear clothes they provide (all natural fibers, etc.)  We put our dirties in a drawer and they bring them the same day clean and folded.   
  • Levi Strauss' mansion was the original building on this property.  We are currently in the Strauss Living room using the internet.  (This morning I watched a pod of dolphins playing off the shore while I was writing the first blog post)
  • The place is immaculate. The staff is very friendly and helpful. 
  • The pools are all therapeutic salt water pools (leaving you with a salty sheen when you get out)
More to follow! 
 

3 comments:

  1. Shelly, Miss you much and love you. I didn't know you had a blog til this morning. Everything sounds like you are doing so good , you look beautiful in the swimming suit. Wow, what a beautiful setting to be in. I'm lifting you daily to the Lord and you are feeling His presence and unfailing love, I know. Just to let you know I had my surgery and am doing good from that except for a horrible case of thrush from the antibiotics. Haven't quite figured out how to naturally get rid of it, so had to take some antifungals. It's still not quite gone but I'm standing firm that this will not prevail in my body. Thank you Kathy for the wonderful words. Love to both of you, Auntie Mart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shelly & Kathie,
    The blog on your updates is wonderful. Shelly, you don't know me but I am a friend of Bette & Kathie's and I would like to be part of your prayer team. Bette and I had talked about Sanoviv a few weeks ago because I was on a search and quest for a healthier lifestyle and I knew that it could only come through changing drastically what I was eating. So this is how our paths have crossed and we know that God has a plan for the connection. My first thought (must be the Holy Spirit) after reading your blog is to pray during the times Kathie indicated that you will be making decisions, so just want you to know that I am out here praying. I found a beautiful poem I will copy and send over in a moment for encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY TIMES ARE IN THY HAND

    My times are in Thy hand. Psalm 31:15

    My times are in Thy hand,
    Such grace to sustain my way,
    Trusting all to what Thou in wisdom planned.
    Our Lord knows our need day by day.

    My times are in Thy hand,
    Such guidance to direct my way,
    Depending not on what I understand,
    But on Him Who keeps me lest I stray.

    My times are in Thy hand,
    Such goodness to bless my way,
    Providing from Thy storehouse at Thy command
    Thy sweetness in glorious display.

    My times are in Thy hand,
    Such glory to delight my way,
    Displaying the riches of that Heavenly Land,
    That shall be mine when I am there to stay.

    ~ GENE GRIFFIN ~

    ReplyDelete

If you have a message or reponse for Shelly, please leave it here.